Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to submit without submit button from postsign event

Former Community Member

Hello, i've trying to submit as pdf from postsign event on a signaturefield within a form without submit button.

I've been using this jscript:

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"CertificadoMunicipalTecnicaDesfaborable.do?method=enviar",bEmpty:true, sSubmitAs:"PDF"});

but reader returns some message like that: "Cannot perform this action from this object"

Any idea how to do it the correct way?

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You could use a standard submit button, but set its presence to invisible/hidden. Once this is set up with the return details, you can call this from the postSign event of the signature field. I haven't tested this, but it should work.

submitButton.execEvent("click");

"submitButton" being the name of the hidden button.

Note if users have Reader, then the form will need to be Reader enabled for the submit as PDF to work.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

But i'm trying to submit without the button, i already knew your proposal but for this document i need another method. Thank you anyways.

P.S. By the way, maybe doing from a regular button than invokes "sign" (click on signature field and after signing submit), it is possible?

Level 10

Hi,

No, I don't think you can fire a signature from another button. Maybe a search on the forums might throw up an alternative.

Good luck,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thats the topic:

-   Enviroment: web server with https configuration.

-     Goal: Automate submit of a form which requires electronic signature with a hidden submit button (any buttons visible).

- Actual solutuion tried: In the event  postsign from signature, we execute "btnSubmit.execEvent(“click”)" (javascript)

-   Result / problem: This jscript code is executed OK when running local and submit form to especified local folder, but when i tried a server  URL,  it didn't work. On the other hand, if i manual click button it works!!!

Any idea why manually worked and automated jscript code on signature event did not worked??