Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to stop seeing "XML schema" message

Level 4

When I open my xdp form in Adobe LiveCycle Desinger, I see the following message:

The XML schema used to create data connection 'x' has changed.

Do you want Designer to update the connection using the modified XML Schema?

I actually tried clicking yes and it had the effect (in my case) of ruining my work; fortunately I saved a backup and reverted to it.

How do I get this message to stop appearing?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

It turns out that the warning message indicates a real problem.  In my case the schema was wrong, the document was right, so one would want to edit the schema by hand to match the document and not just let it change the document. 

If the two get close enough "in sync" after manual editing, THEN one can allow the document to change to match the schema.  Some extra work will usually be required in these cases.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Apparently, this means that the schema is out of sync with the document.  Does anyone have any idea of how to get that back in sync without ruining functionality.  I know it would help to post the files involved, but I am not able to do that.

Thanks in advance....

Employee

Has the schema actually changed? If you generated your data connection using an XSD schema, the XFA data description is dervived from this and is cached in the XDP. If the source XSD has changed it will no longer match the data description stored in the XDP, and you will need to refresh your data connection with the new XSD source. If you used an Sample XML Data file as the source of your data connection, this data file could very well have changed, and invalidated the cached data description in the XDP. this is why that warning appears.

Level 4

The interesting thing is that if the document is out of sync everything works -- or seems to; but if I let it put them "in sync" fields that I fill out on the document disappear in workbench, therefore it is not working.  I don't really understand this .... do you have any insight why that would occur?

Correct answer by
Level 4

It turns out that the warning message indicates a real problem.  In my case the schema was wrong, the document was right, so one would want to edit the schema by hand to match the document and not just let it change the document. 

If the two get close enough "in sync" after manual editing, THEN one can allow the document to change to match the schema.  Some extra work will usually be required in these cases.