Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to Repeat Header on Master Page

Former Community Member

Hi

I want to place text on master page retrieved from database. Iam binding the db field to the text box on master page. My intention is what ever text from DB need to be displayed on each of the page with same text box name. I tried to place a hidden text box and bind it to db field and on initialization of the hidden field i copied to the actual header text box but it never trigger that event, hence i cannot copy the header text from DB to headers of all of the pages .

Can anyone let me know how to display text from DB to textbox on master page which will appear on all of the pages

Thanks

Mahesh

3 Replies

Level 5

Hi Mahesh,

sorry but I don't understand your question.

1. Only you have to put a textfield on the masterpage.
  2. Then you have to fill the databinding. masterpages.jpg
  3. Then you link the xml file with the current formular (File | Form properties | Preview | Change the path to your xml file) xml.jpg
  4. Then I insert 3 detailpages then I can test the result.
  5. Preview
  6. Everything works fine.

Kind regards,

Mandy

Former Community Member

Hi Mandy

Thanks so much for the reply.  Actually this problem comes when page content is running into more than one page.

My page content is running into 3 to 4 pages.

when I place text box on the master page and do databinding, text is placed only on the first page, not on the overflowed page.

header text from db is copied to first page and if there are extra pages because of more content in page then the header text is not copied, I see only empty text box.

Thanks

Mahesh

Level 5

Hi Mahesh,

please take a look to the attachment pdf file. It's the same.

I make the pdf dynamic. I insert a table which you can fill the last row to see the behaviour.

The masterpage field works fine. (with databinding)

For this example I have set a default value. https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=sSozoSyuqzFwCfej0WDWqQ

Kind regards

Mandy