Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to perform a calc on a field that has a default amount

Level 2

Hi there,

I have a field Std. Weekly Hours (calculation field)  that I want to have a default amount of 35 hours/week.  However, not everyone works 100%.  I have another field Percentage Responsibility (number field) where the user fills in the percentage amount.  What I want is:  1. How do I set the Std. Weekly hours field to display 35 by default and 2.  then create a calc (form calc) on the Std Weekly hours that says n x 35 x % responsibility?

I hope this makes sense.

Any help will be most appreciated.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Why not have the calculate set uo in the hours field to calculate the n X 35 x %responsibility. Then have the %responsibility set by default to 100%.

You can override calculated fields, but it can be messy. I have examples, but I think the setting the default of the %responsible to 100% would be better.

Niall

Level 2

Hi Niall

Thank you for your reply.  That is how I have the calculation now.  But how do I set a default amount on a field?? in this case it would be the % responsibility.

Kim

Level 10

Okay, sorry I got the wrong end of the stick.

If you select the %responsibility field and go to the Object > Value palette. There is a Default Value area where you can specify 100 or 1, depending on how your field is set up.

Hope that helps,

Niall