Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to password protect the adobe form ?

Level 2

Hello,

I am very new to this livecycle designer.

Can anyone please tell me how to password protect the adobe form(it can be print or interactive form) ?

can it be done through scripting ?

Regards,

Menaka.H.B

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Open the form in Designer and under File/FormProperties/PDF Security all of the password options are there.

Paul

Level 2

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I have 8.1 version of adobe livecycle designer, in that i cannot find the pdf security tab under form properties.

Could you please also tell me in which version of adobe livecycle designer i can find this property.Or should i use some setting in the same livecycle designer to get that property.

Can you please also tell me is it possible to do this using scripting ?

Regards,

Menaka.

Former Community Member

I have version 8.1 as well and the tab is there Under the File menu...Form Properties

No you cannot do this throgh script as it must be done when the PDF is created.

Paul

Former Community Member

Hello paul,

Even I am using 8.1 version, but i dont find that tab under form properties. May i know is it any thing to be done explicitly to view that. IF possible can you provide the screen shot of taht , So that i can try to find why is not there in my tool

Regards,

Rakesh

Level 7

Here's a couple of screenshots, I'm also using Designer 8.1. You click on the "Require a password to open the document" check box and then when you save the document you're prompted to set the password and confirm it.

Level 2

Hello,

Thanks for the reply again.

I don't know why i am not able to see pdf security tab under form properties in my livecycle designer which is version 8.1 .

Please see the attachement of form properties and version number of my livecycle designer.

can you please also give me the link to download the livecycle designer which contains pdf security tab under form properties ?

Thanks,

Menaka.

Level 7

Your version is actually newer than mine so I have no idea why you don't have the PDF Security tab, I think one of the Adobe guys will have to answer this one for you.

Level 1

How to create Password to lock of Acrobat Pro and Adobe Livecycle Designer

Hi everyone!!!

I am using Adobe Livecycle Designer ES software, and i created the password on this Form of this software, but it can not lock Acrobat Pro. How to create Password to lock both of Acrobat Pro and Adobe Livecycle Designer? I would like another people just open Acrobat Reader, not other 2 softwares.