Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to make "Submit" features disappear when form is distributed?

Former Community Member

Hi, I am very new at this. I'd like to know how to make the purple header that appears when a form has been distributed go away. This section says "Please fill out the following form. When finished, click Submit Form to return the completed form. Our company has been having problems when people submit these automatically, so we'd like to have them save them as PDFs and submit them as an attachment on an email. We don't want there to be any confusion about this, but I know that the forms have to be distributed so they can fill them out, and this purple header appears after I distribute. What do you suggest?

3 Replies

Level 2

You need to be a little more specific as to what is going on with the form. What is the exact issue you are having with the form when it is sent back? If your form is  designer form that is fillable then the header will always be there. It says "Please fill out the following form. If you are a form author, choose DistributeForm in the Forms menu to send it to your recipients."

If you would like I could take a look at the form to see what you are experiencing. I have been designing forms for a major insurance company for four years and have come across many issues. In ordder to troubleshoot these issues you have to explain exactly what is happening to get at the root cause. It may something as simple as not having the submit button on the form or a little script written that saves the form as a save as.

Not knowing the exact issue people are not going to be able to give you a fix. It is like taking your car to the mechanic and saying it doesn't work.

Former Community Member

It's just that sometimes the form does not come back. People say they submitted it via the submit button, but it does not appear in my email. It's very confusing, because sometimes it does work. I think the people submitting the form may be the root of the problem, and so I would like to remove the submit button option.

Level 2

Remove the submit button altogether and have them just do a save as and send the form as an attachment in the email.

I'm taking it that this form is being sent to a client so you have know idea if they are using a email program like Lotus or a web base email like Hot Mail. The submit button usualy tries to open the email client such as Lotus, Entorage, One Note etc.

Michael Greco

m.greco@live.com

phone: 845.467.4331

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 07:28:37 -0600

To: m.greco@live.com

Subject: How to make "Submit" features disappear when form is distributed?

It's just that sometimes the form does not come back. People say they submitted it via the submit button, but it does not appear in my email. It's very confusing, because sometimes it does work. I think the people submitting the form may be the root of the problem, and so I would like to remove the submit button option.

>