Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to make my dynamic form pages flow correctly?

Former Community Member

I have created a dynamic form which has multiple questions with expandable text fields that will take multiple pages once completed.  I do not know how to make the form flow correctly past the first page.  I can attach the form if I knew how to do that.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I will have a look when I get a chance.

Paul

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Former Community Member

Please send the form to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com.

Steve

Former Community Member

Can you summarize which fields in which subforms and groups are designed to expand vertically?

Steve

Former Community Member

First Page:

Education Group: Q re school experiences

Employment History Group: Q re Describe current job, Q re Dscribe past

employment history, Q re Describe future career plans

Childhood, Family Composition Group Q's 4-6

All other Q's on subsequent pages regardless of group are vertical

expansions, expect for very last page, which is grouped.

Former Community Member

Do you have a specific reason for using groups rather than subforms?

Steve

Former Community Member

No. I am a novice at this. Should each Text box I wish to have expandable be

its own subgroup?

Former Community Member

No. Wrapping fields in sub-forms simply provides a means to organize logical groups of fields and to facilitate actions like flowing across pages.

I will get your form back to you shortly with some suggestions.

Steve

Former Community Member

Thanks. I believe I am missing a conceptual step or two here, so any

suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Former Community Member

Just checking in to see if you were able to review my form?

Thanks,

Kim

Former Community Member

Still awaiting an email with the form attached that Steve said he would review and work on....its been a month. Help!

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I will have a look when I get a chance.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you Paul.  Your editing assistance was greatly appreciated. I think I now understand that there should be only one page subform that is flowed, regardless of how many text box objects I have in my questionnaire. This did the trick.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----