Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to Invoke a Flex Application

Former Community Member

Hi

I have a process which does 4-5 activities and generate a pdf document.

I want to invoke a Flex Application with this data.

What are the ways in which a Flex application running on different server  be invoked from Processs Management .

~Amol

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Jasmin,

Thanks for the post it was really helpful.

Now I am trying to communicate with a webapplication. I want to integrate a web application within Livecycle Process . How do I maintain the correlation between the requests sent by Livecycle processes to the webapplication and the responses which I will receive from the webapplication to the respective instances of Livecycle Processes which created it.

~Amol

Level 10

In order to communicate from a LiveCycle process to a web application, you need the ability to do a http post from within your process.

Currently LC does't have an HTTP invoker. You can create a custom component that doesn't that. I've created one at one point to do a simple HTTP invoke as past of a test.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Jasmin

Thanks fro your help

I was able  to creqte a flex application and integrate with my process within workspace.

I want to take this process to another step now.

Since the flex app is linked with workspace the server takes care of all the process related

I want to create a flex app which should not be deployed on workspace instead on some another server.

eg tomcat.And now have to establish connection between LiveCycle Server Processes and Flex Application.

Also I want to take back the response from Flex Application to particular process instance.

~Amol

Level 10

I'm not sure what is your question is here, but remember that Workspace is a Flex application that interacts with LiveCycle.

So you can definitly build your own if you wanted to.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

What I am trying to ask is

lets say there is  a FLEX application already developed and deployed on say tomcat server.

Now I have to communicate with this FLEX application which is already present. I donot want to integrate it with worksapce.

My question is how do I include this FLEX app. in my Livecycle Process without including it in workspace.

~Amol