Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to implement this typical sign workflow? Urgent

Level 2

Hi Adobe Experts,

I am new to LC (two months only). Recently company is doing some evaluation on LC 8.2 and my boss assigned the following task to me  (I simplified it):

Form: (Enclosed)

* Two text fields: CommentTextField1 and CommentTextField2

* Two signature fields: SignatureField1 and SignatureField2

I've associated the SignatureField1 to lock CommentTextField1 and associated the SignatureField2 to lock CommentTextField2.

The progress to implement is:

Step 1) Ray Woodard open the form in workspace, type in CommentTextField1, Sign the SignatureField1, Submit.

Step 2) Alex Pink open the form in workspace, type in CommentTextField2, Sign the SignatureField2, Submit.

Any suggestions on how to implement the progress? Please help! Thanks a lot!

(What I am able to accomplish so far is the step 1, but I am not confident about that. Please point me the right solution. Should I use xfaForm or Document Form, render/submit as default or PDF, submit as XDP or PDF etc...? I am so confused and frustrated now!)

2 Replies

Former Community Member

I have attached a sample process that basically matches your use case.  I also attached a modified version of your form.  I added a Submit button, configured to submit PDF and the required URL to submit to.  You will need to modify this to match your environment (server name\port).  When using a form in Workspace the submit button gets converted to a "Complete" button in the Workspace chrome.  The form also requires the "Form Bridge" object (found in the Custom Object library of LC Designer)

Remember, if you are using Adobe Reader (in Workspace) to fill in and sign the form, you will also need to Reader Extend the form to enable Reader to apply a digital signature.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Level 2

Steve, thank you so much!!!

Your example helped me a lot. I am able to run the process, but I still have three doubts:

1) When I set "Submit As" to "PDF" rather than "XDP" by default, I am not able to submit the form in the workspace client with "Adobe Reader" installed. But I am able to submit the form in the workspace client with "Adobe Acrobat" installed. Is it normal?

2) What does "Form Bridge" do in this whole process here?

3) If I don't want to hard code the submit URL  in the form, do I have another option, like using other renders?

Thanks again!

Wayne