Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to have a Text Field carry to the top of each page, but have the Text stay?

Former Community Member

A client wants a dynamic form but she also wants a Text field at the top of the page which users can enter a product name.

AND She wants this specific Text field with the entry to carry over to each page when pages are added.

I can get it to do this, however, the text field is still editable, so it does not work the way she wants it to.

Is there any way to have an entry into a Text field become static, as it moves to the next page(s) with the text intact?

Thanks

2 Replies

Former Community Member

If you put a field in the Master Page at the top, it will be on every page. If you create a schema for the form's data, create a data connection from that schema, bind the text field in the master page to a ProductName field in the data connection, changing product name on any page will change it on all pages.

You can also put script in the change event to copy the value to the other pages. The above method is better.

Level 8

If you're not using a data connection, you can always set the Data Binding to 'Use global data' in the Binding tab under your Object palette.

Also, if I understand correctly, you would like the field to be editable on the first page but read only on all subsequent pages?? If that's the case and assuming your masterpage is named 'Page1' you can use this code in the ready:layout event:

if (Page1.index==0)

this.access="open";

else

this.access="protected";

Kyle