Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How to get reports from LC Content Services?

Level 1

Hi

We are planning to implement LC Content Services for content management purposes.
However, what we do not know is if it’s possible (and how) get reports from such as:

-          How many documents are stored?

-          How many documents are available per content space?

-          How many documents have been used by what user?

And that kind of information…

Also, do you happen to know where can we get detailed documentation about how to get specific reports?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Level 4

I have now idea how to access this kind of information in a elegant and efficient way, but would like to know.

The way i do, but its surely not the best way (or even close), is to creat a short lived process in Workbench that extractes the infomation i need and then access my custom made process through either EJB or WS as a service.

Not the best way, but its the only way i was able to get any information from Content Services.

Level 1

Hi Rui

Thank you very much for replying!

I understand and definitely makes sense to me.

A final word here:

1) I can imagine that your workbench process is retrieving data from the LC Repository?

Right?

2) how can I know (exactly) what kind of information is available for reporting?

Thanks In advance!

Regards,

Jorge Pérez

Sales Engineer

Acrobat, LiveCycle, Connect & Flex

México

+52.55.5283.2407 p

joperez@adobe.com

Level 4

1) Yes, basicly the Services that Content Services makes available allowed me to do basic operations (list the content of a work space, retrive all the info for a given file and so on) and i made a dir like service from those 2.

2) TBH i made it in a trial and error way. Workbench provides you with some information (with is great, so you're no totally in the dark) through the literal values to each input parameter to each of the basic services LC gives you.

Also, if you want to know what file metadata you want to retrieve, then you have to know what metadata is inputed when the files are checkin. I have no background in file management systems so i found this harder than i expected, but not impossible.

There is some information on the Alfresco site (Content Services is basicly a croped Alfresco version) and its way better than anything Adobe gives you.

The biggest problem you will found is that not everything in the Alfresco Site will be available in Content Services.

Check Content Space (http://your_host:8080/contentspace administrator:password if you didn't change it) to get some hands on feel of what CS makes available,.

I don't really have any real documentation about this sorry.

Level 1

You may want to look at writing some Alfresco Webscripts for the type of reporting you are are requesting.

Alfresco uses server side javascript and freemarker.  Alfresco also has an api you can call via java.  Keep in mind LC uses version 2.1.

Check out the Alfresco Developers Guide for a good manual and samples on the topic.

You can go to http://server:port/contentspace/service/ to see all your curent webscripts .