Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to expand multi-line fields in pdf forms?

Former Community Member

I have a FormsCentral PDF form, which allows users to fill out the form and save as a PDF. However, after receiving the completed forms, I am unable to see all the text in the multi-line field boxes without opening them and scrolling down. Since I will be sharing several of these competed forms with a review panel, I would like to:

1) Display the entire content of the multi-line field boxes rather than having the reader scroll down, then

2)  Save the completed forms so that its read-only when I send it to the review panel

I am not collecting responses via FormsCentral. I am just receiving the PDF via email.

I was told I could edit the PDF forms and expand the multi-text fields in Adobe LifeCycle Designer. I have never used this software before, can someone please instruct me how to do this?

I am in desperate need of help!

Thank you!

5 Replies

Level 10

In the object palette it is recommended to have:

Allow Multi-Line checked

Field Format Rich Text checked

and in the layout palette

Height expand to fit checked

Former Community Member

I'm sorry but this does not resolve my problem.

Level 10

make sure all of your parent's subforms are set to flowed... because these options is what you need to see all the text in a multi-line textbox

Former Community Member

Thanks Robert- my problems seems more complicated since the forms have already been filled out by various users and were sent to me via email as PDF files.

How do I edit the completed PDF forms (expand the multi-line textboxes so that I can see completed responses on the forms) without comprominsing/changing/interfering with the other responses on the form?

Level 10

Euhmm if any data is entered in the form and you want to change something in Livecycle on the form, all data will be lost...

unless you keep the old form data and you paste it in the new one....

If you know how to do so, which can be a little complicated, you can write code to have a pdf attached to your new pdf, search inside all nodes of the old PDF and if the name of the object is the same as the name of the object in your new form you just transfer the value inside, otherwise there is no other way to do this.

Good luck!