Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to embed custom data to form

Level 4

Hi!

Is there some recommended way to embed custom static data to the form? For example movies catalog in XML. When I create order form, I would like to have a catalog included in it. The catalog has categories and using script I would like prepopulate drop down list according to selected category.

I don't want catalog data be included in submited XML data. Catalog should be part of the form. I also would like prepopulate catalog at design time or using some workflow component.

I created solution having catalog as form attachments but I expect the should be some more elegant "storage".

I also am able to import nodes into xfa.datasets.

I also read about extras attribute in XFA specification.

I guess I'm not the first person trying this, so I don't want to spend time reinventing wheel. Could please anybody give me some advice?

Thanks,

--- Jaroslav

2 Replies

Level 6

I used workflow in loading dynamic lists in similar scenario. Once workflow send the response back with dynamic list values I would call the script to load the list in Dropdown. This is just an idea you still have to do coding. Since this involves workflow I can only offer ideas not the real solution.

Level 4

Well, that sounds to be a good way. I can use webservice to ask backend for data and fill the lists. If I do it on server side using Adobe Forms, I got prepopulated PDF as I need. But I don't have Adobe Forms on this project nor have users on-line to call webservice.

I bet there have to be some place in XFA structure to store user data.

--- Jaroslav