Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to display xml imported info on 2 identical tables

Level 1

I am lost.

I am importing xml info and display these info on different pages, this includes a dynamic table, which is perfectly displayed on the first page. no problem until here. However, I simply cannot display this table a second time.

Any idea?

thanks,

2 Replies

Level 10

Usually if you want to display the same data in multiple places in the PDF, you need to set the binding of these fields to be Global. But when you choose Global, you may not be able to select the Binding to a data connection option. They are mutually exclusive.

But work around I can think of (unless anyone has a better and neat approach) is to keep the table binding to Global and write script to loop thru the data XML and populate the first table (since it is set to Global, it will automatically populate the second table and so on..)..

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Thanks Srini. In fact I have data binded (from imported XML) displayed many times and that is working perfectly well. Only the data from the xml table are not displayed several time. Why this difference between normal xml data and table data? still lost... a bit of fresh air may help