Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to deploy selected process?

Level 10

First deployment will include all assets. Thats okay.

I need to deploy only selected processes. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nith

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Nith,

When you check-in or deploy an ES2 application you can select the resources, including processes. The check-in dialogue enables the selection of all resources, selected resources, or no resources. The default behaviour is to check-in all new resources.

Steve

Level 10

...but if you actually need to deploy you applicaiton, then all assets will be redeployed.  You can't deploy specific assets. You can just check-in specific assets (as Steve mentioned).

Jasmin

Level 10

Thanks to you both.

I have read the following statement from the workbench help manual.

-----------------

After the initial deployment, if you change parts of the application, you do not need to redeploy the entire application. Redeploy only the parts that are changed. When redeploying an updated long-lived process, the currently running process follows the updated steps in the new process if they are not already completed.

-----------------

I just wanted to get clarified on the highlighted sentence. Are they meaning the deploy or just Check-in of files?

Thanks,

Nith

Level 8

Nith, thaks for pointing out that error in the documentation....I will make the correction.

I added a note to the topic on the web version: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/workbenchHelp/DeployApplication.html

scott