Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to create form in LC to fill and save by Adobe Reader ?

Former Community Member

Hi there,

please advise me, how I should do form in LifeCycle. I would like to send by e-mail this form, and I would like to be able to open it, fill and save customers by use of the basic Adobe Reader.

Importantly, the recipient must be able to stop filling it in half and send it on, say, or return to it after a time. When it comes to functions in the same form it is about marked fields, enter text and add files (as attachments).

Do you have any ideas? Suggestions?

Best regards,

Piotr

2 Replies

Level 7

That's going to require a PDF extension. LC is an extension of Acrobat, so you would presumably have that available, too.

Save your LC file. Open it in Acrobat. File > Save as extended PDF > Savable Form... or something like that. The the menu options are pretty straightforward.

Remember,if you then open it in LC (for revsions or whatever) to save it, you'll have to reopen in Acrobat and go through the save process again.

Employee

You may want to go through this blog http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2013/05/understanding-reader-extensions-licensing.html

Your usecase can be achieved by using calculations and scripts in LiveCycle Designer created form and using Reader Extensions but go through above blog for licesing as to which product is better for your usecase.

--Santosh