Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

How to convert static pdf file to dynamic xml form pdf

Level 2

Hi All,

I have generated one pdf report. I need to do build some logic in that generated pdf file. For this i need to convert this generated static pdf file to dynamic xml form pdf using Adobe LifeCycle Desinger. I opened my generated static pdf in Adobe LifeCycle Desinger and i tried to save this file in dynamic xml form pdf but it is not showing that option.

How do we convert those type of reports to dynamic xml pdf?

Advance Thanks

Prasad Sagala

7 Replies

Level 7

Hi Prasad,

Look under File >> Form Properties >> Defaults and make sure the Target Version is 7.0.5 or higher. If you brought the form into Designer from some other program the Target Version may have defaulted to 6.0.2. 6.0.2 does not support dynamic forms.

Level 2

Hi djaknow,

Thanks for your reply, i got it now.But i am facing another problem like, my generated static pdf file has some logos, charts and some art symbols. For those if i am opening in LC and set the target version as 8.1 & above then saved as dynamic xml form pdf, Now i opened that dynamic xml form pdf the content(Images,logs and Art symbols) was not show me. It is comming fine if pdf does not contain any images, logos...etc.

Can you tell me how i can i convert all the content( including images, logos ...etc) in my static pdf to dynamic xml form pdf.

Advance Thanks

Prasad Sagala

Level 7

It sounds like you just need to re-link the image fields to the images and click the Embed Image Data checkbox. If you need to create the image fields, use the ones called "Image", not "Image Field" in the Standard library.

Level 2

Hi

Actually my pdf having minimum 300 to 600 pages.. if i do relink every image in all pdf's....it is long process.....

Do we have any other alternative solutions for this?

Prasad Sagala

Level 7

Could you post the static form? I have no idea if I can help you or not, but I'd be happy to try. Also, I wonder if you might be better off starting a new thread since we're now off the original topic.

Level 2

ok i will be posting new thread with attachment of static pdf file.