Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Collaborate on an Interactive Dynamic Form

Level 1

I'm a newcomer to LiveCycle ES4, and have created an interactive dynamic form which I save as a reader-extended pdf in Acrobat. I then distributed the form to approx 25 off-site desktops running Reader only, half of which are government agencies using firewalls which preclude any type of on-line collaboration.

The users of the form complete the data when needed, and use the "email" button to send the completed form back to me. I want to able to then re-distribute the completed form to each of those 25 users, and want them to be able to make comments or fill in fields that the original submitter had left blank, then send the edited form back to me. I also need to be able to quickly see what changes/additions each user has made.

To date, my own efforts have not been successful. I experimented with the "Send for Shared Review" and "Send for Email Review" features of Acrobat Standard, however they require me to print the form with the pdf printer creating a flat pdf form without the special features, such as the flyover help I placed on the more-complicated fields.

Within Acrobat Standard, (or Reader) I'm also not able to annotate or comment on the original form (although I CAN change the data in it) unless the form is first printed using the pdf printer and reopened in its "stripped" version.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me on how I can make this happen?

1 Reply

Level 4

Filling the form fields and collaboration cannot be possible simultaneously.

I guess, it's a product limitation.

However, the similar workflow can be achieved by using LC Workbench, which is a different product altogether and expensive as well.