Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to check image GPS data and get image file from image field

Level 2

Hello,

I have some trouble and want to fix this problem.

1. I want to validate image file before its attached in image field about the image file have a GPS data or not. Have any way that can be check about image has contained a GPS data?

2. After validate image and PDF form is upload to the server. I want to get image file that embed in image field, because I have to extract image from PDF form and store this image in project image folder. If this topic can be fix by code script please give me some example code.

Thakyou for every comment and suggestion

Best Regards,

Mai

6 Replies

Level 2

Could anyone give me some suggestion?

Level 10

Hi,

In relation to (1) check out this topic http://forums.adobe.com/message/2278262#2278262. I suspect that you cannot access the metadata since Acrobat cannot access even the file name.

Check out http://forums.adobe.com/message/1362353#1362353 for help on (2).

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Hi Naill,

First I have to say thankyou for your answer.

About my (1) question, My image fields have set to be a embedded data and I try to test many example script of image fields.I can get image content type, image size. But that not work when I used ImageField1.desc.embeddedHref.value. It's response as "Unknown Embedded URI". Therefore, image field is and embedded data. How can I access filename?

(2) In that forum. As I see, his problem is about how to automate change image field with href image file. But I want to extract an exist embedded image in PDF form to normal image file with original metada (such as extract image filed to .JPEG with GPS data. Same as before attached in PDF form.). There has any concept or solution in this problem?

Best Regards,

Mai

Level 10

Hi,

Here is an example of the embeddedHref for an imageField. Please note that this will only work when you embed an image into the field at design time. When the user changes the image at run time, the embeddedHref is NOT updated.

There is script in the docReady and Exit events, so you can see this in action.

I have never had to extract an image from a form. One poster had to do this and was achieving this through a database. But I don't know the details.

I don't think you will make much progress with (1), because the embeddedHref does not get updated. In relation to (2) I believe you can extract the images via a database connection; however you are going to have to research this some more, or someone else might have a direction.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Hi Niall,

That very kind of you for the useful example. I have to say thankyou very much

Best Regards,

Mai

Level 2

Is anyone have another suggestion? Please advice me.