Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to check if a overflow.

Former Community Member

If for instance, I have a form the that content overflows to a second page. How do I add a Text that says "Cont..." to the header of the second page?

Thanks for help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The narrative is inside the repeating subform, so even though the XML data does not contain multiple data for the narrative, the object is created for each repeating instance.

You need to move the narative object outside of the repeating "PerformanceMeasuresARRA" page. In other words I wouldn't make the page repeating, just the MetricsSummary subform. You will still need to move things around in the hierarchy.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

If the form starts off with a single page, you could set up a second Master Page with the static text "Continued" above the content area. You would then restrict the occurrence of the first Master Page to 1.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks Niall, that solution worked.

However, I have another question, were you able to solve the problem you had on this thread? Link: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3352043 . "I have used separate content areas. This works for the righthand table. But when the lefthand table overflows it brings the top of the righthand table with it"

I have a similar problem, I tried Radzmar's but that did work.

Level 10

Hi,

It will work if you select the positioned subform ans in the Layout palette, set it to Expand to Fit.

Should work okay then.

Niall

Former Community Member

i didn't work. Here is my form: https://acrobat.com/#d=POaF4vvvbtU48HjUexXvHA

This MetricsSummary Subform is suppose to be repeated, while the NarrativeBox Should not be repeated.

Former Community Member

it works now, but it repeats the narrativeBox subform, the narrativeBox  subform is suppose to show  (no repeat) on the first page, expects it overflow. Is there a way around this?

Thanks for all your help.

Level 10

Hi,

I can't test here because I don't have the sample data.

In any case you could put the narrative on a Master Page and then restrict this Master Page to one instance only. A second Master Page would be set up to take the overflow of the table.

Niall

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The narrative is inside the repeating subform, so even though the XML data does not contain multiple data for the narrative, the object is created for each repeating instance.

You need to move the narative object outside of the repeating "PerformanceMeasuresARRA" page. In other words I wouldn't make the page repeating, just the MetricsSummary subform. You will still need to move things around in the hierarchy.

Hope that helps,

Niall