Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

How to change the Target Version Dynamically ?

Level 9

Hello All,

I have developed a XML embedded form in LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2. The target version is set by default Acrobat and Adobe Reader 8.1 or later. But the form is not working in Adobe Reader 8.2 . It's working well in Adobe Acrobat Pro (9,X) and Adobe Reader (9,X). Can anybody suggest here how to change the target version dynamically so that the form will work in Adobe Reader 8 and above. From the form properties I tried to set the default as Acrobat and Adobe Reader - 8 and above. Still it's not working.

Thanks.

Bibhu.

4 Replies

Level 10

Check the Report tab at the buttom of the workspace for any error messages when you set the target version to 8.1.

It sounds like you have some features in use, that are not supported by Reader 8.x.

Level 9

Hello Radzmar,

The report paletet does not show any kind of errors. But while changing it from the Form propertied tab - > Default tehn it's shoing that this form may behave differently in the target version.

I am using data bindings overe here. Does data binding not work in Adobe Reader / Acrobat 8.x ?

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Level 9

Hello Radzmar,

I have gone through the manuals. I saw that Reader 8.x supports most of the property. But why it sill does not work over here ?

Thanks.

Bibhu.