Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to buy/install Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions

Level 2

Hi

There is no straight answer for how to get the 'Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions' anywhere. We need to connect our database web services to our LiveCycle forms. Can someone please assist?

PS:

We have forwarded this query to the Adobe team in Sydney. But I am not expecting any reply from them for next 20-30 days.

They do not seem be interested in sales. There are some queries that we are still waiting for since last 1 and half months.

It would be great if Adobe shows some interest in building relations and provide at least some pre-sales service if not after-sales.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

I need answer to some questions that are not clear from your post.

1. Are you an existing customer?
  2. Which version of Forms you are trying to evaluate?

AEM Forms is available in two technology stacks, AEM Forms OSGI and AEM Forms JEE (formerly LiveCycle). It would depend on your use case which stack you should choose but I would suggest using AEM Forms on OSGI stack if you are not an existing customer of Livecycle as new features are being added to OSGI stack with every release.

Instructions to download and install AEM Forms on OSGI stack can be found here.

Instructions to download and install AEM Forms on JEE can be found here.

Differences between the two offering can be  found here.

Now, coming to your question of how to install Reader Extensions, when you install AEM Forms on OSGI stack, Reader Extensions module is by default included in it. You need to follow this article to configure your Reader Extensions service.

When you install AEM Forms on JEE and follow the mentioned article, you have the option of choosing which components to install and Reader Extensions is one of them.

I hope it clarified your doubt. If you have any more questions, please post them here, Adobe will be happy to help you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

Hi Adobe experts,

any reply for this?

Read in a couple of posts that we need to do a turnkey installation. but how do we do that?

Where do we get the installation files etc.

There are many people who have the same question. Would be great of you can help us.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

I need answer to some questions that are not clear from your post.

1. Are you an existing customer?
  2. Which version of Forms you are trying to evaluate?

AEM Forms is available in two technology stacks, AEM Forms OSGI and AEM Forms JEE (formerly LiveCycle). It would depend on your use case which stack you should choose but I would suggest using AEM Forms on OSGI stack if you are not an existing customer of Livecycle as new features are being added to OSGI stack with every release.

Instructions to download and install AEM Forms on OSGI stack can be found here.

Instructions to download and install AEM Forms on JEE can be found here.

Differences between the two offering can be  found here.

Now, coming to your question of how to install Reader Extensions, when you install AEM Forms on OSGI stack, Reader Extensions module is by default included in it. You need to follow this article to configure your Reader Extensions service.

When you install AEM Forms on JEE and follow the mentioned article, you have the option of choosing which components to install and Reader Extensions is one of them.

I hope it clarified your doubt. If you have any more questions, please post them here, Adobe will be happy to help you.