Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to build an LCCS app w/ AEC that will also support FP 10.0

Level 2

Hi,

I've tried the new LCCS 2.0.0 with AEC and it works really great. I would like to make this feature available to my users, but also support my other users that don't have FP 10.3 yet. Right now, the minimum requirement for my application is FP 10.0, and I don't want to force my users an upgrade at the moment.

I've seen in the LCCS 2.0.0 source code that there was a support for that, in the "setAdvancedMicrophone()" of the MicrophoneManager class, but I can't test it as I can't compile my app with a target player at 10.0.0.

Is there any way I can compile my application with LCCS 2.0.0 with target player set at 10.0.0 ?

Otherwise, what are my options to offer my app for both FP 10.0 and 10.3 users ?

Thanks for your advice!

Matetnic

3 Replies

Employee

You can compile your application for 10.3 and run it in Flash Player 10.0. The new features will not work for that client but everything else should work.

If you are building a web application you can configure your <object> tag to require a minimum player version of 10.0, even if the SWF is 10.3.

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer. Not sure if I did it right, but here's what I've tried:

- In the Project properties -> Flex Compiler -> Adobe Flash Player options, I've set "Use specific version: 10.0.0"

- In the Additional compiler arguments, I've put -target-player=12 (otherwise I wasn't compiling, error 1046 on GroupSpecifier and NetGroup)

With this, I've been able to compile my project, but trying to run it under FP 10.0 throws me the following error at application startup:

VerifyError: Error #1014: Class flash.media::MicrophoneEnhancedOptions could not be found (MicrophoneManager.as:169)

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Matetnic

Former Community Member

I don't have the full info on configuring, but to be clear, you'll end up

publishing 2 SWFs for this - one for Player 10.3 and beyond, and one for

Players lower than that. You'll have to do a little detection for this and

choose which swf makes sense per client.

nigel