Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to avoid authentication screen when invoking a process?

Former Community Member

Hello!

I created a simple webservice in Workbench to generate a sequential ID for PDF forms.

It's working fine, but the form is open a Windows Security dialog asks for login and password to access the webservice.

As there are over sixty of these forms to be used by around 4,000 employees, this will be a major problem.

Question: is there a way of invoking the process and sending the authentication information when the form is opened and thus avoid this dialog entirely?

Thank you very much for any hints!

Marcos

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can disable authentication for the web service so that the user will not be asked to enter their credentials.

This can be done through Adminui -> Application & Services -> Service Management -> Your WebService -> Security -> Require Caller to authenticate = no

Nith

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can disable authentication for the web service so that the user will not be asked to enter their credentials.

This can be done through Adminui -> Application & Services -> Service Management -> Your WebService -> Security -> Require Caller to authenticate = no

Nith

Former Community Member

Thank you Nith! 

But... it did not work...   

I set it to "No", stopped the service, started it back again. No good.

When I press the button on the form to invoke the service, the Windows authentication screen comes on.

What could be wrong?

Thank you!

Marcos

Level 10

There is one more option on the same settings screen.

Invoke As check box; Select this checkbox and choose System from the dropdown menu which appears below the checkbox.

I hope there you would go.

Nith

Former Community Member

Hey Nith!

It worked! Thank you!

Saved my day. 

Marcos