Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to auto-rename textboxes when their order changes in the Heirarchy

Former Community Member

Hi,

I am very new to Adobe LC, and have been unable to find this answer anywhere. 

I have forms with multiple text boxes, and their order in the hierarchy has changed so the numbering is all screwed up.  Is there any way to have Adobe Livecycle automatically renumber them in numerical order from 1-100 for example?

Otherwise I will have to rename each individual text box.

Please Help!

4 Replies

Level 3

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for, but you can rename the text boxes on the fly.

On the particular field, add the following under the initialize event, javascript:

var rownum = this.parent.instanceIndex + 1;

this.name = "FieldName" + rownum;

You can also change the tool tip on the fly in the same way, based on the instance number.

var rownum = this.parent.instanceIndex + 1;

this.assist.toolTip = "Row " + rownum + " FieldName";

Hope this is helpful. As I said, I'm not entirely sure what you were asking for.

Former Community Member

Hi.

Thanks for your response.  I'm not sure how you even go about adding javascript.  I'm quite a noob.

I was wondering you can can make the text boxes and rectangle boxes automatically renumber themselves when you move the order around.  for example, I just added 2 new text boxes to this page at the top, and moved their corresponding text boxes to the top of the page.  However, now the order goes T92, T93,T0,T1,T2,T3,etc.  

Is there anyway to make Adobe LC automatically restart the numbering based on where the text box field has been moved in the hierarchy without having to rename each textbox manually?  [And the same for rectagle boxes?]

text box.JPG

Thanks.

Level 3

I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I do not know of a way of automatically numbering within the hierarchy. Frustrating, I know, but there it is. Sorry.