Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to add page numbers

Level 4

How can add page numbers to my 10 page document I just

created? Is there a way for me to add page numbers in the footer like you can in MicroSoft Word?

The problem is, I already have created my form & can't re-arrange it any. If I coul

d manually type the page number in that would be fine to...I just need it to be in the footer area..Can someone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Master page is like a Header/ Footer sections in the normal MS Word application. Master page will be common for all the pages in the application.

Please see the attached file for how to identify the master page and adding the page numbering.

Niall mentioned to place the custom control at the footer on the master page either in the center/ on right side based on your design.

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

If you go to the Object Library and scroll down to the Custom objects. There is one there "Page n of m", which is ready made. Just drag it into the Master page and it will auto populate on all ten pages.

If you are tight on space you can move it below the container on the master page, so it appears under the page content on the pages at run time.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 4

Thanks, I added it but I still can't get it to go where I need it to go.....is the master page the first page or how do I find out which page is the master page?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Master page is like a Header/ Footer sections in the normal MS Word application. Master page will be common for all the pages in the application.

Please see the attached file for how to identify the master page and adding the page numbering.

Niall mentioned to place the custom control at the footer on the master page either in the center/ on right side based on your design.

Thanks

Srini

Level 3

OMG...thank you so much for that answer, I've been trying to get it figured out for months now.

Former Community Member

I've placed everything on the master page, but the text shows as Page 0 of 0 when I open the document in Adobe Reader.

Level 10

Hi,

Make sure that the two hidden objects that are grouped with the Page n of m are on the form (eg that they haven't been deleted) and that the script is still present in the layout:ready event of these objects.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 5

Hello,

I'm having this same issue with "Page 0 of 0" showing up on all pages.  I have check the two objects (CurrentPage and PageCount) and they are both present and configured the same way as in other documents where the page number function is working properly.  Any suggestions?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Level 5

I was able to answer my own question.  In case anyone runs into this situation, here's the answer:  Select the master pages objects in the Hierarchy panel and in the Object panel / Pagination tab, make sure to check "Include Page in Numbering".

That did the trick.