Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Add Comments in a LiveCycle Designer Form

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to figure out whether, or not, it is possible to add a comment to the field ("cell") of the form created in LiveCycle Designer  (similar to the function "Add a Comment" available in Excel, when you can hide a comment and on touch of a cursor information appears).

The scripting language used in the form was FormCalc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies

Level 10

In PDF you can add a tool tip which will be displayed when you place the cursor on the top of the field.

To add a tooltip, select the field and goto Window menu -> Accessibility. Enter the text that you want in the ToolTip section and set the "Screen Reader Preference" to ToolTip.

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

Poltava,

Here's my take: I gather you want the "fillee" of the form to be able to clearify his or her answer. The only option without doing scripting is to add an extra field (which could be expandable). If you're familiar with form scripting, however, you could for instance do any of the following:

• Add a link (icon or text) that popups an interactive message box (for comments).
  • Add a link (icon or text) that expands an extra comment field.

(And just in case I misunderstood you, and you want the "fillee" to be able to add Acrobat comments, open the (static PDF) form in Acrobat Pro and choose Comments->Enable for commenting and analysis in Adobe Reader...)