Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How does one make the xdp to pdf document editable?

Level 4

I have a document process whereby the document renders, but the user cannot edit the document.

How do I change the xdp so that the rendered document will be editable by the end-user?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

In comparing the xdp files (as xml, using SVN diff, whcih in turn uses WinMerge), I noticed that if I change the following field from static to dynamic:

defaultPDFRenderFormat acrobat9.1dynamic

the form appears to allow editing.

However, I made other changes, so I am not sure if this is the one that made the most impact.

Of course, one has to be very cautious when editing xdp files.

Unfortunately, this editor here doesn't allow me to copy and paste, so this is about all I am going to write for now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Is the user trying to edit the document using Adobe Reader?

If yes, You need to reader extend the PDF in order to enable users to edit the PDF using Adobe Reader.

You can Reader extend PDF using Acrobat or LiveCycle server depending up on the volume or usage.

Please go through this blog to understanding the licensing of Reader Extensions http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2013/05/understanding-reader-extensions-licensing.html

--Santosh

Level 4

This would be editing the form in the internet explorer (or browser of choice); we have this working for another form, so I assume that extensions are not needed.  Is there a property to enable editing or "unlock" the form?

Thanks again.

Correct answer by
Level 4

In comparing the xdp files (as xml, using SVN diff, whcih in turn uses WinMerge), I noticed that if I change the following field from static to dynamic:

defaultPDFRenderFormat acrobat9.1dynamic

the form appears to allow editing.

However, I made other changes, so I am not sure if this is the one that made the most impact.

Of course, one has to be very cautious when editing xdp files.

Unfortunately, this editor here doesn't allow me to copy and paste, so this is about all I am going to write for now.