Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

How do you move automatically to the next field of a form after scanning a barcode?

KingDave123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have been playing around with a barcode scanner (by the way I dont have a clue) and I've converted a form into a PDF document. I'm trying to move to the next field after the data has been populated in a previous field automatically. I'm not sure if this is done within Adobe Acrobat it self or on the scanner.

The scanner has several different modes, TERMINATION CHAR - CR, TERMINATION - LF, TERMINATION CR+LF and DISABLED.

I believe one of them put a ENT after the data from a barcode and one of the others doesnt. Any ideas?

2 Replies
MikeGlow
Level 1
Level 1

I would like an answer to this one also.

Also, I would like to know if a input from a barcode scanner into a numeric or text box can

be made to "retry" an input if the numeric value scanned is not the right length without the aid

of the operator rehighlighting the box.

I don't see a lot of questions answered in this part of the forum, so I won't hold my breath....

kjaeggin
Employee
Employee

Are you using a handheld scanner and scanning the barcode on screen and wanting the focus to be in the next field after scanning the barcode?

Otherwise, I am not sure what you are asking. The scanner itself won't do this for you if you actively filling out a form. The field which receives the scanned data could have an exit event which has a setFocus method taking you to the field it specifies. (haven't tested this in a long time, so my presumption is once the data is received it will exit, but focus could remain. In that case, another event would be needed. However, A manual <TAB> will force an exit of the field, and the setFocus() function will excute taking you to the field specified in the method.