Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How do you move automatically to the next field of a form after scanning a barcode?

Level 1

Hi, I have been playing around with a barcode scanner (by the way I dont have a clue) and I've converted a form into a PDF document. I'm trying to move to the next field after the data has been populated in a previous field automatically. I'm not sure if this is done within Adobe Acrobat it self or on the scanner.

The scanner has several different modes, TERMINATION CHAR - CR, TERMINATION - LF, TERMINATION CR+LF and DISABLED.

I believe one of them put a ENT after the data from a barcode and one of the others doesnt. Any ideas?

2 Replies

Level 1

I would like an answer to this one also.

Also, I would like to know if a input from a barcode scanner into a numeric or text box can

be made to "retry" an input if the numeric value scanned is not the right length without the aid

of the operator rehighlighting the box.

I don't see a lot of questions answered in this part of the forum, so I won't hold my breath....

Employee

Are you using a handheld scanner and scanning the barcode on screen and wanting the focus to be in the next field after scanning the barcode?

Otherwise, I am not sure what you are asking. The scanner itself won't do this for you if you actively filling out a form. The field which receives the scanned data could have an exit event which has a setFocus method taking you to the field it specifies. (haven't tested this in a long time, so my presumption is once the data is received it will exit, but focus could remain. In that case, another event would be needed. However, A manual <TAB> will force an exit of the field, and the setFocus() function will excute taking you to the field specified in the method.