Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do you enable SSO for Reader Extensions application?

Level 2

We are running LiveCycle 8.2 on a WebSphere 6.1 application server. I have enabled SSO via the Adminui under Portal Configuration in User Management. My settings are:

Enable portal Single Sign-on (SSO): Yes

SSO Type: HTTP Header

HTTP header for unique identifier: uid

HTTP header for domain: {empty}

Domain mapping: {empty}

When accessing /adminui or /workspace the user is automatically logged in without being redirected to the login page.  When trying to navigate to /ReaderExtensions the login screen is displayed.  Is SSO not possible for Reader Extensions?  Does something else have to be configured? 

8 Replies

Level 10

I've always set the following settings:

HTTP header for domain: {empty}

Domain mapping: {empty}

Try to set them to

HTTP header for domain: LCDOMAIN

Domain mapping: UserDomain=DefaultDom

and then set you LCDOMAIN http header to UserDomain.

This means if the value of LCDOMAIN is UserDomain, then try to find the user in that domain.If it's blank, I'm not sure where it's trying to get them from.

Jasmin

Level 2

Thanks for the information.   I made the setting changes so now the Domain we are using to query for the user is clear.  We are experiencing the same results though.  SSO works for adminui and workspace, but not ReaderExtensions.  Any thoughts?

Level 10

Are you trying with administrator/password?

I'm wondering if it's a role issue.

Jasmin

Level 2

I have been testnig using the administrator account.  Although administrator has login access to Reader Extensions by default, as a test I went ahead and added "Reader Extensions Web Application" role to the account.  Still no luck.

Level 10

Any error in the application server log?

Jasmin

Level 2

Nothing ... the log is if everything is running as expected.

Level 10

Ok, I just realized you're using 8.2.

I believe SSO was not working for that interface in 8.2.

It is now in ES2. I'm not sure if that was considered a bug and fixed in a service pack or just an added feature.

You should check with support.

Jasmin

Level 2

Thank you, I will look for an upgrade.  We are potentially upgrading to the latest so this may become a mute point soon.  Thanks!