Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do you distribute your forms? Can I put them on a site?

Level 3

I am hoping you can answer another question for me. Its regarding distribution. It seems that forms can only be filled out when they are sent you the person which seems kind of laboring and we don’t have time to have people request that they need to fill out a form, and then us sending it to them.

Is there a way to have the form on a website that allows people to access it, fill it out, and submit it whenever they need to? Instead of asking to send it to them?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Why not put a link on a page in your site. With a link to your pdf that opens a new window. Then the user will fill it out, submit. The window will close and voila you are back on your site.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

There are ways to distribute the form..

You can copy the PDF form to a folder on your webserver and place the link on your website to the PDF.

Users can click on the link and PDF will be opened on their webbrowser and they can fill it.

For submitting you can use a EmailSubmit button on the form. When users click Submit by Email, the form can be sent to the email address as an attachment.

Hope this gives ideas to you.

Thanks

Srini

Level 3

Srini, putting them on a website as a link is exactly what I am trying to do. This is possible with acroforms but when i convert my acroform to a livecycle form, i seem to lose that functionality because of the XML nature that it now has.

I work in a small department and no one wants to pay money to purchase something else. We meet the 500 user EULA for sure.

If you know how I can do this and where I can get more information, I would apprecate it. I am freaking out at work because I got everyones hopes up and now I dont know if it is capable of doing wat I said it would.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Why not put a link on a page in your site. With a link to your pdf that opens a new window. Then the user will fill it out, submit. The window will close and voila you are back on your site.