Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How do you add a link to another website in you PDF using LiveCycle?

Former Community Member

Can you add a link in your PDF in livecycle that opens a new window that that takes you to a predetermined website?

6 Replies

Level 3

I haven't managed to create a hyperlink in text but instead have used a button linked to a website as a workaround.  Just make the button see through and link it to the site.  Then to make it look like a hyperlink, I made the text on the button blue and underlined. Not perfect but it works and from what I read you can't hyperlink in Livecycle!

Former Community Member

Ok I'm new, how do I do this, do I use the HTTP button and how do I have it look at the site? or where do I put the URL?

Thanks

Level 3

There may be simpler ways, but this is how I made my button.

Add the button.On the Object palette>Field page change appearnce of button to have no outline and no fill. Highlight the text and on the Font and paragraph palettes choose the correct look for your text (blue and underlined plus anything else you want) and change the text to what you want the link to say.

Then to add the URL, open your script editor (Window>Script editor) & choose "Langauge:Javascript" and "Run at:Client".

With the button chosen, choose the CLICK event (from drop down list, beside "Show") add the script:

app.launchURL("http://AND THIS IS WHERE YOU ADD YOUR OWN URL")

Hope that is helpful

Former Community Member

Perfect, Only one problem this opens the URL directly in the PDF and now I am unable to get back to filling out the PDF.

Ideally I need a link that opens up a new window thus allowing me to look at the website copy and past the necessary information that I need and then continue filling out my PDF.

Level 3

It is definitely possible to have the website open in a separate window.  That is how my link opens, and so I must be missing a key point of what I have done to do that.  I will keep searching and let you know if I think of the extra step.  The good news is that it is possible

Level 3

OK, this is not how I did it, but is a suggestion...follow all of my previous suggestion but in the script editor on the Click event of the button use:

app.launchURL(http://pathway to site, newWindow);

good luck