Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How do i purchase access to LiveCycle Barcoded Forms?

Former Community Member

I am currently creating a form in Adobe Livecycle ES2. I want to put a PDF417 2D barcode on the form containing the data of the fields in the form. The customer should be able to use Adobe reader to fill out the form and the barcode should update with the field information. However to do this i need to purchase a license for LiveCycle Barcoded Forms. In order to get this license it seems that I need to purchase Livecycle reader Extensions ES2. However the product is not available online and when contacting Adobe no one knows how I can purchase this product. I have been in contact with: Adobe customer service Denmark, Adobe support Denmark, Adobe sales Denmark, Adobe customer service Sweden, Adobe Support Sweden, Adobe Sales UK, Adobe support UK, Dustin Denmark (Adobe reseller).

Does anyone know how to purchase this product or how much it costs to purchase?

An additional question i have is if there is a product that works in a similar way for Adobe Acrobat X Pro? Or do i also need Livecycle reader Extensions ES2 to unlock user rights for barcoded forms made with Acrobat X Pro?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Ok i give up!

For other Adobe users looking for this product. Please consider that it is impossible or nearly impossible to purchase a license for it! I have contacted the following with no luck:

Adobe customer service Denmark

Adobe support Denmark

Adobe sales Denmark

Adobe customer service Sweden

Adobe Support Sweden

Adobe Sales UK

Adobe support UK

Adobe Sales US (through the phone no. listed on the web page for the product)

Adobe Support US

Dustin Denmark (Adobe reseller)

Avoka (Adobe partner)

4Point (Adobe partner)

Please keep in mind that there are other easier ways to unlock user rights.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

To enable the barcoded forms functionality you absolutely need Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions 2.5 (renamed to Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform Reader Extensions). You cannot enable the barcode feature using the enablement feature of Acrobat.

Now, the trick to purchasing the product is to go through an authorized reseller of enterprise products. You can't purchase this server product online and resellers who sell the creative products won't know anything about it. Start here: http://solutionpartners.adobe.com/home.html

Former Community Member

Thanks for your response. I have contacted a few of the partner companies without any luck. Does anyone know which of the Adobe partner companies i should contact regarding the purchase of the license for Adobe LiveCycle Reader Extensions 2.5?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Ok i give up!

For other Adobe users looking for this product. Please consider that it is impossible or nearly impossible to purchase a license for it! I have contacted the following with no luck:

Adobe customer service Denmark

Adobe support Denmark

Adobe sales Denmark

Adobe customer service Sweden

Adobe Support Sweden

Adobe Sales UK

Adobe support UK

Adobe Sales US (through the phone no. listed on the web page for the product)

Adobe Support US

Dustin Denmark (Adobe reseller)

Avoka (Adobe partner)

4Point (Adobe partner)

Please keep in mind that there are other easier ways to unlock user rights.

Level 4

Yes, you do need Reader Extensions to enable this functionality in Reader.  This fnctionality is now available from Datalogics, as they have made Reader Extensions available with a lighter server footprint. You can see more on the Adobe PDF Java Tooklit with Reader Extensions page on Datalogics website.

I hope that they can be an easier path to your success.

Level 4

I just started a set of blog posts that make the need for Reader Extensions and ways to acquire it more clear. Check my blog at Datalogics titled "Tried to put a dynamic PDF417, QR or Data Matrix Barcode on a PDF form? Still have your hair?" I hope that these posts answer your questions about Reader Extensions and Barcoded Forms.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----