Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I print to "Adobe PDF" with an encrypted pdf?

Former Community Member

I've created a form in livecycle and I want the security to be set up as such:

1) A password is required to edit the form in LiveCycle AND

2) People can print the pdf to "Adobe PDF"

I've been able to create livecycle password access, but when I put a password on the LiveCycle Access (currently: Printing Allowed: High resolution, Changes Allowed: Filling in form fields and signing existing signature fields), I get this error when I try to print it to PDF:

%%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%

This PostScript file was created from an encrypted PDF file.

Redistilling encrypted PDF is not permitted.

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

How can I edit my form so I can do both.

4 Replies

Level 1

Set lower resolution for printing in security setting - 150dpi.

It´s strange error, which I am also trying to solve now. 150dpi is working fine with ´Printing allowed´, but I need to set hi-res and obviously with the same error result (postscript error).

Level 1

Anyone familiar with this? Is it some Acrobat bug?

edit. ok, now I see, hi-res is different from low-res, it´s redistilling the pdf. Um..

Level 1

I have the same problem. As soon as I add security to a pdf and select 'Printing Allowed' and 'High Resolution' unable to Print to a PDF printer. Once I select Low Resolution (150 dpi) I can then print to PDF.

Former Community Member

It´s quite some time I was solving this.. but as I already wrote and I can somehow remember(as far I´m not working on this platform for 3 years): printing 150dpi is one thing - it´s printing like a simple pic. Printing in hi-res works in completely different way - pdf must be redistilled with pdf distiller or how it was called. Means, there must be additional step before printing the pdf form. Cant remember the details.