Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

How do I position text in a text field so that it starts in the upper left corner rather than in the middle?

Level 2

Once again, I'm working on another form for the boss.  It is an evaluation form where there needs to be a comment section.  I know how to select the text field so it will permit multiple lines but I cannot come up with a way that allows me to set the starting point of the text in the upper left corner of the text field and then flow down.  It always begins in the center.  If I make the text box too small than an up/down arrow icon appears and the user would have to drag the arrows up or down to read the comments and that's not the effect I want to create.

Thanks.

M Campbell

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

With the text field selected, go to the Paragraph view. You can toggle between "Edit Caption and Value", "Edit Caption", and "Edit Value" by clicking the chevron. Select the alignment you want for the caption and the value.

alignText.PNG

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

With the text field selected, go to the Paragraph view. You can toggle between "Edit Caption and Value", "Edit Caption", and "Edit Value" by clicking the chevron. Select the alignment you want for the caption and the value.

alignText.PNG

Steve

Level 2

Once, again, thank you, Steve!

It's working! 

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----