Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I make subform flow down page without overlaping text?

Former Community Member

Here is my issue. I have a checkbox and if the user clicks on the checkbox a paragraph of text (which is in a subform) appears if they uncheck it, the subform of text dissappears. But my problem is if they uncheck it the subform dissapears which is what I want but there is a big gap on white space on the form so how do I get the other text to push up to the checkbox when it is not checked and move down accordingly when the checkbox is checked and the subform appears in the middle?. I am using FormCalc for the coding. My code for the checkbox in the "click" option is

if($.rawValue ==1)then

option1subform.presence ="visible"

else option1subform.presence="invisible"

endif

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

'invisible' will make the object (subform) transparent, so that while the user cannot see it, it is still taking up space on the form.

Instead you can use 'hidden', which will not only hide the object, but it wont take up space either, allowing other object to move up and take the space.

HOWEVER, this will only work, if you have the page set to 'flowed', in the Object > Subform palette AND saved the form as a Dynamic XML form in the save as dialog.

Here is an example: https://acrobat.com/#d=IFY2ZMg4G9XZmJnJJNSw*w

Paul Guerette is doing an online talk on dynamic forms on the 30 November, which you should attend. Details here: Tech Talk: Developing Flowable Form Content

Hope that helps,

Niall