Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I: grey out text areas if they are selected as not required?

Level 2

Hello, again.

I have a form which the user can enter info in text fields or check a checkbox to N/A the whole section.  I would like to grey out the relevant text fields if the user chooses to N/A the section.  I would also like to have other N/A check boxes automatically crossed if the user checks the main n/a box.  There are many of these on the form so hoping it would be fairly simple and straigtforward?

Your help, as always, is very much appreciated.

Stephanie

22 Replies

Level 2

Its all working great now.  I have applied it to the other sections as well and all is good so far.  The only query I have is, is there something causing the borders to disappear when you deselect the checkbox?  If i check it and then uncheck it, the fields have some or no border sides...I know in the panels they have the "sunken" default box.

Any thoughts.

Your efforts so far have been so helpful

Former Community Member

I put some debug code in there to check the setting and it is being maintained. It must be a display issue or a bug. You could open an incident with support but I tried everything I know to get it back and it does not help. If you change the border style to a solid line instead of 3D it is maintained.

Paul