Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I get specific font to ALWAYS appear in text field whether user has font on computer or not?

Level 1

I am designing a simple form to be used as template for OTHER people to type up room signs. We would like the signs to be in a specific font that is not generally loaded on the average computer, and we do not want to have to distribute fonts to a gazillion people. My thought was to create a LiveCycle from, whereby the room user could type their name and title in the text fields on the form, and in theory, it would appear in the font I chose for the text field. I have tried various things, but it always gets substituted by the user's computer.

Tried: Choosing "rich text" for field format in Object palette; choosing "Embed fonts" in "Save Options"; tried static form, tried dynamic form.  It could be that my test user has such an old version of Reader that it just CANNOT work.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Level 8

Is the font and embeddable font?  If you go to the document properties of the PDF does the font appear as embedded?

Level 1

The restrictions are listed as "normal." And it does appear as embedded when I go to the document properties, though it didn't until I used it for the text on the form (as apposed to just using in the text fields.) And when another user opens the form, the text appears in the specified font, but once they type in the text field, it defaults to different font.

BTW, it is an Open Type Font, if that makes any difference.

Level 1

Feel like an idiot. The fonts are restricted to "Print" and "Preview." Which sounds like they CANNOT appear in the text field... :-(