Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How do I get back my PDF Preview (dimmed in View Menu)?

Level 3

Hi all,

I've tried all the forum suggestions I've seen, including uninstalling Reader, enabling PDF display in all browsers, and in Acrobat Edit>Preferences>Internet.

None has worked so far.  Any ideas?

Many thanks

Laura

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi Laura,

A repair install or reinstall would usually fix this, is Acrobat set as your default PDF program?  As a work around you can go to your temp directory (just type %temp% in windows explorer) you should see a PDF file with a generated filename something like _104o26ddt504f6amh.pdf.  This is the file created by the preview process, so you can open this in Acrobat and test your form.  I sometimes work like this anyway as then I can make changes in Designer while still 'previewing' the form.

Regards

Bruce

Level 3

HI Bruce,

thank you for your reply! Yes, Acrobat is my default program for PDFs, but I don't use explorer as a browser (though I've set its preferences as suggested to fix the no-preview problem). I would LOVE to reinstall Livecycle, but I haven't been able to find out how to do so from the Adobe site. I'm using ES 2 and I think it's too old to re-download.

Or do you mean that I need to reinstall Acrobat to fix the LiveCycle preview?

Is there a number or any way to contact Adobe tech support for re-installation?

Many thanks

Laura

Level 10

Hi Laura,

I think it would be Acrobat you would need to re-install, the only times I have seen the PDF preview greyed out is when Designer can't find Acrobat (or Reader) to show the preview.  Maybe you can find the install on the Adobe FTP site, ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat but it seems to be playing up at the moment.

I doubt ES2 is still being supported by Adobe, ES3 did introduce a number of improvements, especially styles.

Good luck

Bruce

Level 3

Thank you, Bruce!

I'm sure that will work. Lol, I'll just have to petition my boss for the upgrade!

thanks again,

Laure