Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How do I fix this subform problem?

Level 1

I have been reading threads for over a week now trying to finish this form up. I need help allowing the two largest texts boxes to keep flowing and "bump" the labor, delivery, sales tax and total down when they do. Even if this mean going onto a second page.  I have read a lot about subforms/save as dynamic/etc.

Under form properties, I can choose the options dynamic xml but when I go to save as only Acrobat 8 static is a option.

I made the form in Illustrator -- no idea if this is the problem or what!

Can someone please help me get this done? Even if I just email you the form and you do it. It's hurting my head!!

Thanks, Erin

GD Proposal.jpg

10 Replies

Former Community Member

So you made the form in Illustrator then saved as a PDF and imported it into Designer?

If so which option did you choose on the import?

Paul

Level 1

Correct, I made it in Illustrator then saved as a pdf. And when opened as a pdf under Forms -- I Clicked edit in Desinger and went from there...

Former Community Member

When you import there are two options given to you .......if you choose the first one then you wil not be able to save as a dynam,ic form. If you choose the 2nd one then it will make native XFA objects for everything on your form and you will be able to save it as dynamic and do the things you want.

Make sense?

paul

Level 1

Sorry, no. import from where to where? I never import anything... just

"open" the pdf and then click forms and click edit in designer

Former Community Member

If you open Designer first then under File there is an import menu .....it will allow you to choose a PDF file. I think doing it the way you have done it assumes the 1st choice.

Paul

Level 1

Mine just has a New and Open option followed by the most recent files used

in Live Cycle and Exit. No Import.

Former Community Member

Sorry ...its the Open option that you want.

Paul

Level 1

I do that and choose my pdf and it just pops right open. I am attaching the

pdf to this email if you want to take a look or have the time! Sorry, I have

no idea what I am doing and can't believe I even made it this far on

something so simple.

Former Community Member

The forum software will ignore your attachment ....can you email it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com instead?

Paul