Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I create a text field WITHOUT a caption?

Level 2

This must be a ridiculously stupid question, because I've tried googling every possible variation of this question and come up with squat.

I took a form in excel, converted it to pdf, imported it into LiveCycle, and am trying to add fields where the wizard did not. When I create text fields, it almost always puts in a caption, despite the fact that I don't want one. I can't resize to remove it, and I don't want it, but I don't know how to get rid of it.

On a colleague's computer, I was able to create text fields without captions - the caption field in the field properties is just grayed out. In fact, when I pull up a form created on that computer, all text fields I create have no captions. When I create a new document on my own computer, they all have captions again.

On an unrelated note, why is it that forms I create in this manner do not have the preview PDF option? It's just grayed out.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Select the field then go the 'Layout' tab. At the bottom there is a section labelled 'Caption'. Select 'none' from the drop down.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Select the field then go the 'Layout' tab. At the bottom there is a section labelled 'Caption'. Select 'none' from the drop down.

Former Community Member

Select File > Form Properties > Preview and change the preview type to 'Interactive Form'. That should enable the preview functionality.

Level 2

The caption thing worked perfectly, thanks! The preview type is already 'Interactive

Form', however, so that part didn't work. The preview option is still grayed out even after I changed it to all other options.

Former Community Member

Maybe it has something to do with the way it's created. I never create forms that way so im a bit unsure of why that would happen. If you attach the PDF i can try have a look at it for you

Level 7

Hi Akari,

Do you have Acrobat or Reader installed on that machine? You need one or the other in order to use the preview, and they have to be installed before you install Designer.

djaknow

Level 2

To Dallas - I don't think I can do that, as it's a medical form.

To dja - Yes, I have Acrobat installed. Maybe there's something else to it then...

Level 7

Was Acrobat installed prior to installing Designer?

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----