Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I create a doc that allows multiple signatures?

Level 1

I've created a great form in LifeCycle used for our performance evaluations.  These evaluations require multiple signatures.  First by the evaluator, then the 1 level up manager, and finally the employee who receives the evaluation.  Unfortunately, it won't let anyone else sign but the evaluator.  I've looked on the edit side of the form and it doesn't give me any indication that this could be an issue.  What am I doing wrong?

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Each digital signature object will have its own individual properties, one of which is what gets locked (if anything) when signed.

Click on a digi-sig object and look at the Object Palette, specifically the Signature tab.  By default, it will lock the entire document.  You have to set it to something else.

For instance, the initial evaluator wouldn't want anyone changing what he/she wrote, so you can create a "Collection" of those initial evaluator's objects (name, office, evaluation, etc.) and lock them when the initial evaluator digi-signs the form.  The next-level manager would have a comment block, name, etc., which would belong to a different collection that only gets locked with that next-level manager's signature.  The process goes on and on until you get the final level review.  The final signature, which may be the company president or the employee him/herself will lock the entire document.

A digi-sig only locks whatever collection (or "not in collection" as an alternate option) you assign it.

Two points to consider: 1) Whoever digi-signs can remove their digi-sig and that section will no longer be locked--unless a higher-level signer's digi-sig locks the lower-level signer's signature block; 2) you cannot have a digi-sig in a repeatable sub-form.