Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I convert Acrobat form to flowable fields?

Level 1

I have a simple form that I created in Word, then converted to a PDF in Acrobat. It has alternating text boxes with instructions, followed by text boxes for the user to type in information. I need to modify the form so that the text boxes will expand and instructions will flow down onto additional pages as information is entered. When I try to surround an entry text box with a subform and select Content: Flowed, I get an error "This object may not work properly....object allowed to break...." What am I doing wrong?

1 Reply

Former Community Member

With a flowed form, as content expands, or is added, then this will be pushed across multiple pages

Each form element can be defined so that you allow a page break to occur in the middle of it i.e. does the section push to the next page, or half on one page, half on another

That particular error (actually a warning) is just stating that you have two objects, one inside another.  The inner object allows page breaks, while the outer one doesn't.  The warning is that the form for the inner object (text field) may not behave as you expect, because the subform does not allow page breaks