Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I build variable objects?

Level 3

Hello everyone.  As I navigate through my book learning, I have stumbled across another curveball   I use the book Adobe LC Designer by JP Terry and the sample files.  The sample file that I'm struggling with at the current time is the "purchaseorder.xdp".

My first issue is how was the 'partNoScript' variable object built?  I know how to go in and add the variables via the form properties dialog, but don't have a clue how to build these object variables into the form in this manner.

Beyond that, I believe I can move on to grasping the learning objectives of this form.

Thank you all for your assistance in figuring this out

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can add a script object from the hierarchy window.

1. Select any subform in the tree like "form1".
  2. Open the contex menu by clicking the right mouse button.
  3. Select the item to add a new script object below the selected object.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can add a script object from the hierarchy window.

1. Select any subform in the tree like "form1".
  2. Open the contex menu by clicking the right mouse button.
  3. Select the item to add a new script object below the selected object.

Level 3

Thank you very much!!  That was great.  I was able to put that to practice but now I am unable to make it work like the one similar to the purchase order in the book.  I have provided a link to a VERY simple one I am practicing with that I hope you can help me with.  I am able to populate the drop down, but I can't get the description or the price field to populate.  Could you enlighten me on what I am doing wrong in getting the description and price fields not working?

Thanks again for the earlier help   The link to my file is http://tinyurl.com/j4x9muh

Best regards,

Mike