Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can the background of a listbox be set to non transparency

Level 4

Good morning all.

I have a couple of listboxes on a form I am working on, and it works perfectly, however, each time it opens up, it is so transparent that you see other objects on the form through the items within the listboxes. It confuses the end-users on what the listed items are and which are the fields on the form.

I was just wondering if there is something or setting/script that will set the background such that it will act like that of the drop down list.

Thanks

v/r

Tammy

4 Replies

Level 8

Listboxes don't "open up" so I'm not sure why you'd have other objects behind it.  In any case you could set the background fill color.

Level 4

Good morning all.

I am sure I may have not explained myself well. I have the following code which when a drop down list is clicked opens a listbox with items. When these items are selected it passes values to the drop down list. This all work OK. However, the problem is that when this listbox becomes visible, the objects on the form are visible through the items.

Here is the code:

on Click event:

ListBox1.presence="visible";

xfa.host.openList(form1.Page1.ListBox1); 

ListBox1.h="3.50";

ListBox1.w="2.50";

On calculate event;

if(form1.Page1.ListBox1.selectedIndex=1){ 

DropDownList1.rawValue="D";

}

else if(ListBox1.rawValue==2){

DropDownList1.rawValue="J";

else if(ListBox1.rawValue==3){

DropDownList1.rawValue="Z";

}

else if(ListBox1.rawValue==4){

DropDownList1.rawValue="H";

}

I have just added a script of on enter event:

ListBox1.fillColor="255,255,255";

This has not helped.

Thanks

v/r

Tammy

Level 8

I don't think the issue is transparency I think it's the layering.  In designer click on the list object go to Layout on the menubar and select bring to front.