Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can I save a form with database connections with the info w/o requiring the connection again?

Former Community Member

I have a form in LiveCycle ES2 that has an ODBC connection to an Access 2007 database.  The form works great and all the data populates the form just fine, but next I need a way to save the generated form with the data so it can be sent and signed by people who won't (and can't) have a connection to the database.  I am developing on a Windows 7, 64 bit machine and have Adobe Acrobat X Pro, and Adobe Reader X.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies

Level 8

The form needs to be Reader Extended to be able to do a local say.  This can be done through Acrobat Pro (license restricted) or with Adobe LiveCycle

Former Community Member

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried saving the form as Reader Extended in Acrobat Pro, but if I close the form I saved as extended, it still prompts for the data connection.  Is there some setting in Adobe LiveCycle in the properties that maybe needs to be set?  I have it set as a Dynamic XML Form.  In form properties, there is a tab called data binding, should I have "Allow binding to data not defined by the default data connection" checked?  Wasn't sure what "Add data nodes inside the filtered data hierarchy" would do either.