Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How can I pass data from a form guide to another form in a business process

Level 1

How do we pass data from a form guide to another form(not necessarily a guide) without having to open the form. For example we have a small form guide to capture the contract id so we can then get data from contracts table to present to the user in a form. We want the user to open the guide (either Flex guide or form guide) to enter the contract id. Upon submission we want the process to get the contract data and put it into the form that will be opened at the next step by the user without having a user interact with the form to get the data into it. In other words we need the process to get the data and populate a different form than the form guide the contract id was entered in and this new form needs to be opened in the next step by the user.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Firstly, I'm assuming that you have a Forms ES Server if you are rendering a Guide.  This could be either version ES1, ES2/2.5 or ES3/ADEP

If you submit the form back to the server, you can populate a second (PDF/XDP) form with the data bound to the same schema/Data Model using Forms ES. 

You referred to the next user in the chain - If you are using Process Management, this is very easy, as you define what form is used to render the data in the "Presentation & Data" section of the Assign Task activity