Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How can I localize the text of process names, task names and user actions within a process?

Level 2

I'm very interested in using the capabilities of Adobe LiveCycle Process Management for my project, however I have one rather large concern...   I hope someone here can tell me whether there's a way to address it.

Since I work for the Government of Canada, I have to meet certain requirements relating to bilingualism of the user interface.  It's my understanding that the Workspace portion of LiveCycle has already has support for French.

But what about the design of my processes?  How can I display text to a user in the language of their choice when they're interacting with my processes? ... in particular, I'm thinking about the process name, task names, and user actions.

I hope that this is possible without too much pain.  I imagine this must be a pretty common requirement!

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

You can completely change the content of whole pdf by using "renderPDFForm" operation under service "FormsService". in this operation there is Template category where you can set the Locale.

And if you need to change the other workspace options like Complete, Save as Draft , you can then import workspace ui project and then change apppropriate values.

Thanks,

Prashast

Level 2

Thanks for the response, but I was not talking about PDF output.  I'm referring to the Flash-based user interface that exists in Adobe Process Management workspace, especially the action buttons for user tasks.  There only seemed to be one label for those.  For a bilingual form, we would need a way of specifying action labels in multiple languages.