Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How can I get rid of "_data" behind xml file name

Level 2

Hello everybody,

I use xfa.host.exportData("",0) to export xml file which I cann't appoint the name of xml. After I click the exporting button, a window jumps and fill the xml file name automatically, the name is "PDF file name_data.xml", in Adobe Reader Chinese version, "_data" will be translated by Chinese word, so it is not convenience to unify the method of getting xml.

My problem is if I can get rid of the postfix "_data" in xml file name? I doulbt maybe I can set in LiveCycle Designer, but I can't find out at present.

Thanks in advance!

Enlly

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

the exportData() method has two parameters.

The first one sets the file name, but is only allowed when the form was certified.

Details in the Designer help documentation: Adobe LiveCycle ES3 * exportData

Level 2

Hello radzmar

Thank you for you soon reply!

I learned about the function exportData(), and my form is not certified, so I use exportData("",0) to export xml file. After I click the export button, it will jump out a window to ask for selecting the path, where users want to save the xml file, and, in this window, LiveCycle will fill xml file name automatically by "xxxx_data" (xxxx is the pdf form name). I just wonder if I can avoid "_data" ?

Do you have any idea? Thanks!